Article I: Name of Club and Logo
This organization shall be known as Silver State Nissans (the terms "S.S.N" and "SSN" can be used interchangeably with Silver State Nissans). The Club website is: http://www.silverstatenissans.com
Article II: Purpose
Silver State Nissans is a family oriented club for Nissan enthusiasts located in the state of Nevada. S.S.N. is a non-profit organization; originally Founded in April of 2014 for the purpose of social, recreational and educational activities designed to foster the enjoyment of Nissan vehicles while protecting and preserving our natural resources. S.S.N is committed to safe, responsible four wheeling and adherence to the principles of Treading Lightly!
Article III: Membership & Dues
1. All members must be Nissan owners. All members must be at least 16 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license.
2. Each membership covers the registered member only. Immediate family may accompany the member to club events. However, voting power and ability to hold an executive position within S.S.N. are restricted to the club member.
3. All club members will conduct themselves in a respectable and orderly fashion during all club events/activities and when posting on any of the groups social media pages.
4. Annual club dues (currently $50.00) shall be paid in full upon membership approval. Renewals must be paid within 30 days after the current membership expiration, (30 day grace period). Club dues are non-refundable after 30 days of payment. Any member removed from the club for violating the club Bylaws will not be eligible for a refund of club dues. The club (business) reserves the right to refuse membership (service) to anyone.
5. Any member who fails to pay the agreed upon club dues may have his/her membership status suspended until payment is received. A reminder will be sent one month prior to dues expiring. If dues have not been received 30 days after the due date, the member will be removed from the S.S.N. roster, and will no longer be considered a member of Silver State Nissans, thus losing all club benefits. At the discretion of the club officers, a dues payment may be postponed due to extenuating circumstances.
6. In addition to membership dues a member in good standing must attend (2) of the 4 quarterly meetings that SSN will hold & (1) of the 2 cleanup events. These Quarterly meetings will be scheduled at a minimum of 1 month out so that members can attend them.
If for any reason a member will not meet these requirements they can present their case to an officer and it will be assessed on a case by case situation.
7. Members of Silver State Nissans may bring non-members to certain club events. Let it be known that the member is responsible for the behavior of the non-member during the event. Non-members attending events of the club must sign a Non-Member Waiver form prior to participation in the event(s.)
8. All membership candidates must complete a Silver State Nissans application and pay club dues in full prior to becoming a member. S.S.N. reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant without explanation and any dues paid will be refunded
9. Any club member who is called to Military Service (both Federal/State) will remain a member in good standing with his/her membership on hold for the duration of time the member is away. Upon return from active duty he/she is considered an active member again, will begin paying dues for the next year, following a prorated paid membership equal to the number of month(s) the member was deployed.
Article IV: Non-Discrimination Policy
A. Silver State Nissans does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, and/or age.
B. Any substantiated cases of discrimination are grounds for immediate termination of club membership.
Article V: Officers
1. The officers hold their positions strictly as volunteers. The club will NOT pay any member to carry out functions of the club.
2. Officers are appointed by the President based on their ability and skills.
3. Officers will serve as long as they wish or replaced at the Presidents discretion.
4. Any member of Silver State Nissans may be asked to serve for an office under the condition that the member nominated has been a member of S.S.N. for a minimum of one year, with the exception of the formation of new chapters.
Article VI: Waiver of Liability
1. By joining Silver State Nissans you agree and understand that participating in events involving the driving of motorized vehicles off road is a dangerous activity which may result in injury to your person or property, and agree and intend to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Silver State Nissans from any liability resulting from any injuries you may sustain to your person or property as a result of your participation in, or observing of, activities taking place during the event. You understand that your membership payment means that you agree not to sue any or all of Silver State Nissans in connection with any and all injuries to your person or property during the event.
2. Any member or non-member of Silver State Nissans who participates in any event affiliated with Silver State Nissans does so at his/her own risk. He/she does not hold S.S.N., its officers, and/or the trail guide liable for any injury, loss, damages, or death that may occur due to such participation.
3. It is understood that club events having to do with operation of one or more vehicles pose potential harm to persons and property, and it is understood that members and non-members participate in all events at their own risk.
While trail riding, if you venture onto an area not marked, or a closed area, and an officer of the law issues you a ticket, or an arrest or confiscation of your vehicle occurs, liability is bore solely by the owner or person doing the action. Silver State Nissans (nor its members) are responsible for loss, theft or damage to any vehicle. Personal property in vehicles is solely the owner’s responsibility.
Article VII: Website, Social Media, Forum
1. Once a website URL is established for S.S.N., it shall be owned solely by Silver State Nissans. S.S.N's website is to be used for the purpose of marketing, promoting, entertainment and education.
2. S.S.N. Group Page on Facebook is open to anyone who owns a Nissan. Any content posted on the Facebook Group Page that is not respectful or does not reflect the family oriented club values or is deemed offensive will be removed.
Just because you are added to the S.S.N. Facebook group page does not necessarily make you a S.S.N. member. The group is open to Nissan owners as to help promote the group.
3. Personal disputes will NOT be aired on any club websites/blogs/social media pages/forums. Use of the club site shall not be for the purpose to degrade or belittle other club members, members of their families, or other organizations. If a member feels that another member is in violation of the codes and ethics of the club and is unable to resolve their disputes directly, that member is to present their concerns to an officer of the club for review and consideration. We reserve the right to remove members who display offensive behavior from the club group page.
Article VIII: Trail Rules
1. TREAD LIGHTLY! (See principles below)
2. Seat belts are required for all occupants off-road as well as on road.
3. There will be no use of private property without the written permission of the owner of said property.
4. It shall be the duty of all drivers on a group run to keep the vehicles behind in visual contact. If contact is lost, the run leader should be notified by any particular means.
5. Members are responsible for the conduct of their riders and guests.
6. Littering will not be tolerated. Pack out what you packed in. Additionally it is always appropriate to pick up litter that some other inconsiderate person left behind.
7. Our concern is the safety and enjoyment of all participants.